Monday, August 6, 2012

Lions and Train Wrecks and Fires, Oh My!

Sunday was an eventful day around Smalltown USA. My sister's family came up for the day to visit. The very first thing they reported when they arrived was that supposedly a mountain lion had been spotted a few blocks from my house. Their source is a bit of a prankster, so I didn't buy it.  Turns out it was true. A mountain lion broke through the sliding glass door of a home and was in the basement. Yikes! You can read more about the story here.



Then I received a call from the Hubby's Aunt,  who knew my sister was in town, to let me know the highway was being closed down due to a train derailing and a resulting fire. With the highway closed down she let me know the alternate routes to pass on to my visitors so they could make it back home. A chain reaction caused 4 of the tanks to explode, of which some impressive pictures were taken. You can read more about that here, or here.




There was also another fire.  Seems like by the time the firefighters got in from one fire, the alarm bell rang for them to head out once more.  All I can say is thank you to our hardworking, sleep deprived heroes that make up the volunteer fire department. The past couple weeks have got to have been hard on them.

So most of the excitement I didn't witness...but we still had a big day. I mentioned I had family for the day. More on that in my next post.  This one was all about the gossip...and Montana being on the map.  Heck we even made Yahoo :)

**Pictures from the www.billingsgazette.com  and from Facebook**

No comments:

Post a Comment