Sunday, August 26, 2012

Not the First, but Still the Best

I mentioned yesterday being a big day for uncles.  From my side of the family we had one turn the big 3-0!  The Toddler has a great love of singing Happy Birthday (ever since perfecting the tune for Grandpa back in March)  At first I was dreading that he learned it,  but I gotta give him something.  He can make The World's Most Embarrassing/Annoying Song tolerable. How you ask?

He whispers the song.  If you breathe too loud you might miss it.  He practiced on the way to town and after the wedding and before the reception we stopped in at my sister's house to give Uncle D that much anticipated performance.

Sort of practiced.  What I overhead on the way to town from the Toddler who suddenly looks out the window:
I love Dinosaurs....and apples....and trees....and motorcycles.  Mommy I see {Uncle D}, I sing him.  And then we repeated the lyrics of the song we knew like a broken record.

He also became slightly distracted with the prospect of playing with cousins, but then remembered our mission.  He crawled into his Uncle's lap, looked him in eyes and very softly belted squeaked out:
Happy Birthday to You 
Happy Birthday to You 
Happy Birthday to You 
Happy Birthday to You 
Happy Birthday to You 
 Ended with a great big hug for the Birthday Boy Uncle....and then hugs all the way around for everyone.  I do find it interesting that the warm-ups were louder than the grand finale...but still quiet.  Which if you have ever been around the Toddler would understand why this really does merit a post.  I was unaware prior to the performance he had an indoor voice.

Happy Birthday again Uncle D! (I will post embarrassing pictures after I get them from your wife)

No comments:

Post a Comment