Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016 Goals and Realizations

I have a few goals for 2016.

Mainly deliver two healthy babies and then proceed to keep 5 children alive, cared for, nurtured, and a least some sanity for myself. Something about getting a routine and keeping the house liveable and clean clothes to wear. I should also probably work more on my temper. Be nice to my husband and have him take the older kids as much as possible.

My other goal is to read the bible. I have a 20-minute daily readings book that has an Old Testament and New Testament reading for everyday of the year, and has the bible broken down like that Into 365 days. I read part of it last year but didn't keep up. Mainly because I struggle with the Old Testament. I'm 7 days in and still struggling with some of the Old Testament passages. Like Abram going to Egypt and saying his wife Sarai was his sister and letting the Pharaoh take her as his wife and becoming rich with gold, silver and livestock. Then the Lord curses the Pharaoh with plagues for taking another mans wife. The Pharaoh then asks Abram why he told him that his wife was his sister and let him take her as his own wife? Tells him to take his wife and belongings and leave.  I know I have to be missing something....but did the Lord help Abram pimp out his wife and profit greatly from it? (Genesis 12:10-20)

I may need to find a bible study group with people smarter than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment