Friday, November 3, 2017

Snow = Christmas Plots

I am already making Christmas plans. My husband and I have different opinions. He says "it's not even Thanksgiving". I say "I would rather have a plan and spread everything out so it isn't a stressful get ready for the holidays rush."

Bear says Santa is bringing her a doll house, he told her he made one just for her.
The Big D says he is only putting one thing on his list. A combine like dad's with two headers you can really switch depending on the crop. If I only put one thing on my list that is what Santa will bring me.

Bug has similar views but can't seem to narrow down what he reeaaaalllly wants most and is contemplating putting down "everything" as it is only one item.
  
The twinks are toddlers and have no requests. Though I notice that Gracers steals big sister's baby dolls to snuggle, rock, give a bottle, ect. She might get a baby doll or rag doll in her stocking.
Meekers I don't know. I now enter the question  "Do they get the same gift or different?" She will pack around a doll, but she doesnt spend extended time with them like her look-a-like does.  Maybe magnetic blocks or a quiet books with zippers and buttons? She is interested in mayhem and getting into things.

I also want to start a new family tradition of having the siblings draw names and shop for each other with a $ limit. They expressed interest last year and I think it will be educational in financials for them and help them to think of others.

The older kids are also going to help bake goodies and treats to distribute.   So far on the list: Garbage men, Librarians, Post Office, Neighbors, our Priests, Nursing Home and Assisted living home.  I feel like we are forgetting someone.

I am also waiting impatiently for the in-laws drawing and thinking on the annual white elephant gifts. I love shopping for others or making something special. When thinking and planning  dont you spend time thinking about all the wonderful people in your life, how grateful you are for them? I love it. Packing love into tokens.

Are you a one thing at a time person or constant planner?

No comments:

Post a Comment