Monday, January 25, 2016

Kids Are Watching

***From the unpublished drafts. Sometime during Haying Season 2015***

The boys made a comment last night that has been on my mind.  They were discussing when their dad would come back inside the house.

J: Are the neighbors silk thanking Dad?

Me: oh, maybe I think they are just visiting now.

D: My Dad would help anyone wouldn't he?

And the truth is, he really would.

Last night after a day of fencing he picked up a maple tree to plant for me. Which I have been wanting ever since all our trees were cut down due to proximity to the house and work needed to get done. (Getting on 4 years ago. )So he was already getting brownie points from me.  Anyway I took the muddy toddler in for a bath before she planted herself along with the tree.  Shortly after my oldest came in dude in a panic weirdest talking about fire, neighbors, and being to call the fire department.
Being slow I told him to check with his dad.  I figured someone lit a firepit and he saw smoke.  Then I heard yelling get back in the house and then saw a big cloud if smoke out the window. It neighbors storage shed caught fire.  The Hubby was watering the newly planted tree then went over and helped put the fire out.

Today we spent a good chunk of the day flagging and moving the swather and equipment home...at 10mph around 30 miles away. Then I ran parts out and assumed he would be home soon. Finally it was late enough I started to worry about him being gone. Turns out a buddy down in the area for fishing was broken down and he went to see if he could help.  He had offered to bring out a trailer and haul said vehicle home for him after they enjoyed their fishing.

He really would help anyone.  Honestly I can find proof of that nearly everyday. I'm happy the boys noticed. What an example for them to see firsthand. Hardwork and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment