Monday, December 18, 2017

I Love You To My Butt

So Bear's recent thing is saying throughout the day when I am helping her with something, or snuggling her, "I just love you".

So I always tell her "I love you too."

We had read the book Snip Snap Croc a few months back, for a period of time it enjoyed the status as favorite.  As such, I started adding in that I loved her "as high as the sky, river deep, and ocean wide."

Bear's response is to hold her hands slightly apart and say "I love you this much, just a tiny bit".

I then spread my arms all the way apart and tell her "I love you this much."

Then she spreads her arms way apart and reaches behind her back to hold her hands together while saying "I love Daddy to all the way around my back". Which has since been shorten to "I love my Daddy all" and occasionally "I love Daddy behind my back".  

Why yes, Bear is a Daddy's girl.  Keen of  you to pick up on that. You might also be aware that as cute as it is, it still hurts Mom's feelers a wee bit.

I can usually negotiate and get Bear to spread her hands a little farther apart, but always "I just love you little, I love my Daddy all!" 

This afternoon she was feeling generous, she put her arms around and smacked her thighs "I love you to my butt!"

Ha ha, Thanks kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment