Monday, April 16, 2018

Reading Challenge 2018 - Week 15

I am not really following the list of the 52 books to read.  I could check a bunch off, but I am just reading books.  The categories seemed like a fun way to challenge myself to read new things.  However, it turns out I read a variety already.  Also I love making lists, but I am never good at following lists.

Today marks the start of Week 15 and I have finished 31 books.  I am currently in the process of reading another 3, though I should probably pick one at a time.

Have you ever noticed that your mood effects what you can read?  I had a book I struggled to get through, so I had to set it aside only to pick it up a few days later and read late into the night.  My mood changes my taste, sometimes dramatically so.

Things I have discovered.

  • Neil Gaimon is one of my new favorite authors
  • Continued from last year, I really enjoy historical fiction
  • And books with insights into other cultures
  • Books that have a storyline AND end with a recipe are also fun
  • My want to read list keeps growing
  • I am going to have to find a system to jote down author names and want to read lists to keep tucked in my purse and start pursing the library.
  • I like children's books.  I am tempted to start my way through Newberry award winners.
  • Reading chapter books to the kids is something we all look forward to, but they feel betrayed if I read ahead.  (Loving the Green Ember series)
  •  I have mixed feeling on Prime books on Amazon.  I have read a few good ones, but quite few that weren't my cup of tea.  Apparently a reason they are free.
  • I also am completely done even trying any sort of romance book, not my genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment