Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Random Thoughts - October edition

The kiddos managed to get out of flu shots at school this week. I forgot to fill out their forms and said I would take them all to the county health nurse...who is busy all week. So next week, flu shots for my tribe of 5. Crossing my fingers we avoid exposure for a few more weeks  to make sure they have time to take effect. There has been much whining and pleading to avoid getting the aforementioned shots. This mom doesn't feel all that bad for them.

Today I did my 3 hour glucose test. That means 4 blood draws. I also received the tdap and flu shots. And also because I was curious how accurate my tester from 7 years ago is, I pricked my finger and tested my blood the same times as the lab...and an extra time this morning. So 11 needle pokes for Mom today.

I passed. So I have that going for me. Not diabetic!

Baby is healthy, I am measuring 1 week ahead at 33 weeks. Heartbeat was in the 120s. Was the 140s last appointment.  5-8 weeks until baby makes an appearance. My top pick for a girl name was crossed off my list, as I have a new cousin that will get the moniker a month before I could use it.

My goal is to get a list of 3-5 girl and boy  names each and bring to the hospital. My husband dislikes all names.  The only name we ever agreed on was used by child #3.  We need the push to fill out the birth certificate.  Instead of running names by him and them all getting shot down, I am going to make my list with names I really love.  Then when the time comes and if he has nothing to add, then he can pick from my list.  Honestly it was a similar approach for Child #1.  We agreed on a girls name but didn't have a boys' name, so he picked my favorite name. The I-just-birthed-a-baby-card carriers some weight.

My other goal is to get some freezer meals made.  Instead of 30+ different recipes, I am going to make 4 or 5 batches of a handful of family favorites. Should make assembly quicker and easier, with the added benefit of sure fire hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment