Friday, July 20, 2018

What is Fluffy, Destructive and Sums up Childhood?

Anyone who has spent much time around me knows my opinion of pets in town. I am jnot an indoor pet person, likely stemming from allergies and not liking to clean up after anyone/thing other than myself.

I prefer medium to large dogs and question my ability to provide adequate exercise for them. I have no desire to clean up dog poop. When we move to the farm I would love to adopt an adult dog with a personality that would fit with my family. Already trained, mellow, not hyper and jumpy.  I hold these truths to be self evident.

Our 3-5 year plan of building on the farm is currently at 9 years. I saw an advertisement for border collie puppies in Wiliston, ND. The puppies looked like some I remember my grandpa having. Grandpa thought one of the worst things in the world was for a child to be without a dog. Some sentimentality crept into my heart. I tagged my husband in the post. My husband said yes and that he has wanted a puppy for 3 years. We missed out by the time I made contact and I decided it was a sign. Stick to the plan.

My husband showed me a picture of other puppies. I said no. Border Collies have a soft spot in my heart, it was a weak moment. No.

A few days laters my husband tagged me in a post of border collie puppies that were closer to home. At first in my mind I said no. All my reasoning still stood. These ones didn't remind me of any puppies. Well...that one sorta looks like "Fly". Oh I loved Fly! Ohhh that one is sooo cute. Are we ready for a puppy, what if I can't keep her busy enough. Husband says he planned on taking the puppy to the farm everyday. This could work.

So uhm, tomorrow I am going to pick up a puppy, not an adopted full grown dog. We live in town, the children will have pooper scooper duty. The puppy will likely start out in the kitchen or laundry room until we get a dog house made or garage finished being insulated and temperature regulated better.

Indoor, in town, puppy.

The children are ecstatic and I can't help but think my grandpa is looking down and smiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment