Monday, February 26, 2018

Calving Season 2018

2/25/18 - 1st calf on the ground! My husband did not report bull or heifer.  So it begins.

2/26/18 - Brother & Sister in law dropped off our meat tonight after delivering to the farm first. She said there was 1 more calf today.  Listening to my Husband and a different one of his brothers on the phone discussing overnight check schedules.

It kills me a little inside not to have a picture of the 1st calf of 2018.

“If only, if only," the woodpecker sighs,"The bark on the tree was as soft as the skies."While the wolf waits below, hungry and lonely,Crying to the moo-oo-oon,"If only, if only.” 
“If only, if only, the moon speaks no reply;Reflecting the sun and all that's gone by.Be strong my weary wolf, turn around boldly.Fly high, my baby bird,My angel, my only”
Once again wishing we were already living on the farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment