Thursday, September 26, 2013

On Board With Cardboard

Halloween is approaching.  Apparently my children are also approaching the age of wanting to pick out their own costumes.

Wall-E

The PreSchooler actually wanted to be Wall-E last year, but I made them both minions instead.  He has periodically reminded me all year though that he wants a Wall-E costume.  So no amount of suggestions have changed his mind.  We are now committed...and also off put by DIY tutorials with months worth of effort, or a $50 purchase price with horrible reviews.  I'm leaning towards cardboard box, paint, duct tape, and my sister's creative talents.

The Big D has changed from Buzz Lightyear, Fire Fighter, and Bob the Builder/Fix it Felix (all easy-ish custumes...mom was rooting for using the tool belt we already have and possibly a hat).  However he has now settled on a Flying Tractor.  I thought time and reminding him of other possibilities would help...but nope, Flying Tractor it is.

I'm open for ideas!  Please comment.

***Bonus Question: Do costumes bring out your crafty or your checkbook?***

Although I did buy costumes one year (Star Wars) I much prefer the old fashioned home made ones.

2009 - 
baby was 2 weeks old - nothing 

2010 - 
Spider 

2011 - 
Star Wars (Chewy & Darth)

2012 -
 Minions from Despicable Me



No comments:

Post a Comment