Thursday, September 6, 2012

Still a Baby to Me

The Big D Stats from his 15 month appointment:


Noggin size:18.5 inches (50th percentile)
Height: 31.5 inches (55th percentile)
Weight: 23 pounds (60th percentile)

Our all around average American boy.

He is really starting to pickup new words.  As gabby as his big brother and mommy are though, that shouldn't come as a surprise. He mimics tones and at times sounds like he repeats a short sentence after his brother or mom.

Vocab of the Baby: 

I'm sure I'm missing some, but he says at least 20 words, and his own name!

  • Beep Beep (he says it every time the timer dings)
  • Tada! (learned from the nurse yesterday)
  • Uh oh
  • Ball
  • Car
  • Up
  • Down
  • Peas (Please)
  • Cow
  • Moo
  • Toe
  • Nose
  • Yum
  • Owe/Owie
  • Mom/Momma/Mommy
  • Dad/Dada/Daddy
  • Nana (banana)
  • Sih (Sit)
  • Juh (how he says big brother's name)
  • Hi
  • No
  • Baby
  • Me
  • My
  • Gamma (grandma)
  • NighNigh (goodnight)

It is hard for me though.  I look at him as my little baby...the Hubby on FaceTime this morning told me he isn't a "baby" anymore...and the Toddler's shirt is too small.  You are too observant Hubby.

Am I the only parent that struggles watching her babies grow?  I mean other people keep their kiddos in the same size of clothes until they look like a stuffed sausage? Don't they? Other people shed a tear every time they have to move up a size of clothing.  I'm really not alone in this am I?

I am proud and looking forward to all the new stages, and yet I don't want to let go of where they are.  The Toddler informed me he wasn't a baby, I agreed, but it still makes me sad.  I considered him a baby up until the Big D was born.  Then just like that he seemed so much older.  Just last night I folded up all of the Big D's size 12 month clothes.  I'm not ready to put away the Toddler's 3T shirts...he is still only 2!  Granted only for a few more months.  I don't want him to be size 4T, though I have already started mixing that size into his tops, bottoms we are still between 2T-3T.  The boys height is all in his torso.

Anyway, I have happy boys and that is main thing...if only they would just slow down on the growing up a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment