Thursday, May 10, 2012

Puppet Mastery - how to subtly control your friends' lives

One of my bestest friends in the world, that I met back in college, is considering moving closer to me next year! *giddy giggle*


I have been injecting relentless subtle hints into every email, text message, phone conversation, and facebook comment.  A casual "You should move to Montana" starting when I moved back to my home state.

Friend: What can you make with pork? My freezer died and I have to figure out what to do with all this meat before it goes bad. 
Me: You know I don't like pork, uhmmm sweet & sour pork with rice? Hey you should move to Montana! 
Friend: I'm thinking of taking [cute kiddo] to the Circus this weekend, remember when we went in college? 
Me: Yeah that was fun, I bet she will love it!  Do they have an elephant, you have to let her ride the elephant. Hey, speaking of which, you should move to Montana!  Totally awesome circuses in Montana. 
Friend: These classes are going good, my microeconomics class is challenging but that's what I like about it. I am nervous for the test though. 
Me: I took Macro & Micro in college, say I could help you out with it.  Hey, you should move to Montana! 
Friend (Facebook Post): Ughh, rough day 
Me (Facebook Comment): You should move to Montana!
You get the picture.  Keep the hints low key and relevant to the conversation.  5-6 years later of such sneakiness her subconscious has picked up the desire, and has the itch to move in my direction.

Okay, I really wasn't very subtle, but something wore her down and she has me scouting and keeping my ears open for jobs. I say 'something', it actually has to do with my superpowers when it comes to the subject of persuasion.  Though the puppy dog eyes is a harder technique to use over the phone...it can be done.  Sheer force of will works well....it takes an investment in time, but it totally works. The proof is in the pudding as they say. (I know that doesn't really fit, but I wanted to use it.  It's my blog, I do what I want.)


Dance my puppet, dance...mwhahahaha.


She is coming up to spend a weekend with me and the boys this summer....I may or may not have a countdown started for the visit right next to my "Hubby comes back from Afghanistan Countdown".

Now how in the heck do I transform this little town into a:

 "Kickass, I Want to live here and raise my kiddo kind of place!" or a  "After seeing this place no where else could ever do!" ?


She is a stunning, charming, talented, hardworking single mamma who can do it all.  She is currently working on her Masters Degree in HR (she has a Bachelors Degree in Communications) and has experience in the gas and oil industry (which she loves and is highly interested in).  Soooo...if you know of any jobs coming open...just saying, feel free to share.

Or maybe she will want to open a daycare and watch my boys?  I think that falls into Human Resources and if you have ever spent any time around my little guys you already know they are definitely in the "gas" industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment